Sunday, October 12, 2014

Welcome!

First thing's first: I am using the word "modernism" to cover the art music of the early twentieth century through today, otherwise referred to as "contemporary classical."  My experience with modern classical music started with a desire for more complexity than the popular music I grew up on.  Something was missing.  Already a fan of the modernism in the plastic arts and literary worlds, never understanding why their musical equivalents were so underrepresented, I took it upon myself to dive headfirst into this fascinating world and explore its many flavors.  In the process I gathered a fairly substantial library, that I now wish to share with those who may have the same curiosity that once inspired me.  

I will try my hardest to be fair to all of the music styles that fall under the modernist rubric, but I will be focusing mostly on the works that have stuck out in my own personal experience.  If you have requests, please feel free to ask and I will try to help if I can.  And, of course, please feel free to comment.  

I hope you find something that you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment